Dear Sisters and Brothers in Jesus Christ:
After nine years of energetic, imaginative and dedicated service to the Presbyterian Mission Agency, Executive Director Linda Valentine today announced her resignation, effective July 10, 2015.
We are so grateful for Linda’s many years of faithful service to the Presbyterian Mission Agency and the greater church. Serving since 2006, Linda is the longest serving Executive Director of the PMA and its various predecessor organizations. With the engagement of key stakeholders, Linda and her leadership team have reshaped the Mission Agency from one that does mission on behalf of the church to one that “inspires, equips and connects” the church to serve Christ in the world.
The accomplishments of the Presbyterian Mission Agency during Linda’s tenure are widespread and diverse, including:
- Mission co-workers connecting U.S. Presbyterians with global partners and equipping them for faithful and effective mission.
- Young adults finding new welcome and inspiration through the UKirk college ministry and the Young Adult Volunteer program.
- New disciples finding communities of faith through the movement to start 1001 new worshiping communities continues.
- Churches challenged by maintenance of buildings and dwindling and aging memberships discerning fresh futures through the New Beginnings program.
- The Office of Public Witness equipping Presbyterians to advocate for justice and peace.
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance helping the whole church “bring hope out of chaos” in the wake of disasters of natural causes and human violence.
We will miss Linda’s dedication and leadership. Please join with us in expressing your appreciation to Linda for her faithful service, and offer your prayers with ours as she prepares to embrace whatever new calling God may place in her life.
The Executive Committee is now beginning the process of taking all steps necessary to ensure there is appropriate temporary leadership in place on July 11, 2015. As quickly as possible we will establish a position description and seek an Interim Executive Director. We ask for your prayers as we discern the person or persons God is already calling to serve during this interim time.
Shalom in Christ Jesus,
The Rev. Marilyn S. Gamm
Chair, Presbyterian Mission Agency Board