First Presbyterian Church of Tulsa (First Church) is searching for an Interim Senior Pastor/Head of Staff for an open term of service of one to two years. Our current Head of Staff, Dr. James Miller, is retiring in October after 30 years of dedicated service. This position will assume the role of Senior Pastor/Head of Staff while the church conducts its search for Dr. Miller’s replacement.
First Church, founded in 1885, is the oldest church in the city of Tulsa, and its beautiful two-steeple building is an integral part of the downtown landscape. We’re here to bring glory to God, grow together and serve our larger community in Tulsa and around the world.
We gladly embrace our Reformed Tradition which emphasizes the authority of Scripture, the sovereign grace of God, and the mandate to proclaim Jesus as Lord to the whole world. To this end, we subscribe to the Book of Confessions of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) which includes, among others, both the Westminster Standards and the Heidelberg Catechism. Our church is governed according to the Presbyterian Book of Order.
- Deep love of Christ and the church, an appreciation for the Reformed tradition, a commitment to the infallible authority of the Scriptures, and a desire to be faithful to the apostolic and historic teaching of the Church in all matters of faith and practice.
- Experience leading a staff of clergy and church staff professionals.
- Ordination in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A)
- PhD or equivalent is desired but not required as is Ordination.
- Assume all duties of the Head of Staff, to include, but not limited to, preaching, teaching, counseling, and serving as Moderator of the Session.
- Direct leadership of four Associate Pastors, Executive Director of Operations, Director of Ministries, and Director of Music.
- Indirect leadership of church staff of 50.
Compensation is competitive. Interested applicants should send a letter of introduction and vitae to FPCTransition@firstchurchtulsa.org.
For more information about the Church, visit www.FirstChurchTulsa.org.