Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Calvary Baptist Church
755 8th St., N.W. Washington, DC 20001
Live-stream at: www.bit.ly/NationalServiceofMourning
The loss and suffering resulting from the latest conflict between the Israeli military and Palestinian groups in Gaza is staggering. More than 1,400 civilians have been killed and hundreds of thousands of Palestinians have been displaced. Weeks of overwhelming destruction have devastated land, homes, and infrastructure. The siege of Gaza and the military occupation of Palestinian territory cripple normal life. As the people of the region cry “How long, O Lord?” we join our prayers with theirs in a service of worship. In the midst of sorrow and grief, please join us in a witness to faith, hope, and love.
- Alliance of Baptists
- American Friends Service Committee
- Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America
- Church of the Brethren
- Columban Center for Advocacy and Outreach
- Conference of Major Superiors of Men
- Friends Committee on National Legislation
- Global Ministries of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and United Church of Christ
- Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns
- Mennonite Central Committee U.S.
- Moravian Church in America
- Palestinian Christian Alliance for Peace
- Pax Christi International
- Pax Christi USA
- Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- Sisters of Mercy of the Americas’ Institute Justice Team
- United Church of Christ, Justice and Witness Ministries
- The United Methodist General Board of Church and Society
With support from: Companion Diocese Committee for Jerusalem (Episcopal Diocese of Washington); Divine Word Missionaries JPIC Committee, Chicago Province; Episcopal Diocese of Washington; Episcopal Peace Fellowship; Episcopal Peace Fellowship – Palestine Israel Network; Friends of Sabeel North America (FOSNA); Friends of Sabeel – Colorado; Israel/Palestine Mission Network (PCUSA); Kairos USA; Palestine Israel Action Group of Ann Arbor Friends Meeting; The Peace Task Force of the Unitarian Universalist Society of New Haven CT; Puget Sound Chapter, Unitarian Universalists for Justice in the Middle East; Quaker Palestine Israel Network; Sabeel DC Metro; Unitarian Universalists for Justice in the Middle East; United Methodist Kairos Response; Washington National Cathedral.
This service is coordinated by the Faith Forum on Middle East Policy, a network of national Christian denominations and organizations working for a just peace in the Middle East with a primary focus on Israel and Palestine.
For more information, contact: Mike Merryman-Lotze, AFSC at [email protected]