The mission of The Presbyterian Outlook is to provide Presbyterians:
- Their most engaging venue for connecting,
- Their most essential means of networking,
- Their most helpful vehicle for mutual equipping, and
- Their most robust resource for participating in the worldwide mission of God.
We strive to provide leaders and future leaders a trusted source of accurate reporting, insightful analysis, thought-provoking commentaries and congregational resources.
We provide a marketplace and forum for the open exchange of ideas, resources and information, utilizing both print and electronic media.
We have big dreams for the years ahead:
- We dream of the day when the Presbyterian Church is effectively serving the worldwide Christian movement by being a thought-leader and mission-coordinator for the fulfillment of the missio dei.
- We envision local Presbyterian congregations being transforming communities for the extension of God’s reign in their neighborhoods and beyond.
- And we foresee The Presbyterian Outlook supporting this vision by providing not just a magazine but a total communication network by which Presbyterians foster openness, candor, theological acuity and mutual respect throughout the church and world.
Book review editor
North Bethesda, Md.
1 N. 5th Street, Suite 500
Richmond, Va. 23219
Board of directors
Sharon Blount – President
Ruling elder, Second Presbyterian Church, Richmond, Va.
Rebecca Messman – Vice president
Co-pastor, Trinity Presbyterian Church, Herndon, Va.
John Wurster – Secretary
Pastor, St. Philip’s Presbyterian Church, Houston
Martha Nommay – Treasurer
Director of finance and operations, Second Presbyterian Church, Indianapolis
Ruling elder, Pines Presbyterian Church, Houston
Pastor, First Presbyterian Church, San Diego
Ruling elder, Covenant Presbyterian Church, Charlotte, N.C.
Pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Sarasota, Fla.
Pastor, Caldwell Memorial Presbyterian Church, Charlotte, N.C.
Former dean, professor of theology, Union Presbyterian Seminary, Charlotte, N.C.
Professor of New Testament, Austin Seminary, Austin, Texas
Ruling elder, Second Presbyterian Church, Indianapolis
Associate pastor, Old Meeting House, Alexandria, Va.
Past president, Council on Foundations, Louisville, Ky.
Parish associate, Westminster Presbyterian Church, Austin, Texas
Executive pastor, Myers Park Presbyterian Church, Charlotte, N.C.
Former pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Burlingame, Calif.
Former president, Auburn Theological Seminary, New York City