Advent has arrived and congregational life is in full swing. Music programs, Christmas pageants, angel trees and special worship services occupy our time as we seek to focus on the coming of Jesus Christ and do all of this for God’s glory. We here at the Presbyterian Outlook are wrapping up our last issue of 2019 even as we work on Lenten devotions and plan our General Assembly content and coverage. While we give thanks for all this year has held, we look with anticipation and hope to the new thing God is doing.
During this rich season we would like to ask you to consider making a financial gift to the Presbyterian Outlook. Our hope is that what we do helps your ministry and, in turn, strengthens the church and our witness in the world. Here are a few ways your donation supports our work:
- $10 goes toward creating a new hymn.
- $20 helps us keep the weekly “Looking into the lectionary” e-newsletter coming to you for free.
- $30 pays for an hour of copyediting.
- $40 offsets the cost of creating our webinars so that we can offer them at an affordable price.
- $50 goes toward sending our award-winning national reporter, Leslie Scanlon, to cover meetings of the national church.
- $100 helps pay for Outlook coverage of national conferences like NEXT Church, APCE and Big Tent.
- $150 enables us to offer reduced subscription rates to groups like sessions and GA commissioners.
- $200 allows us to make our content available on the web and through social media.
- $300 contributes to the design and layout of the magazine.
- $400 makes it possible for us to report on issues like immigration, gun violence prevention and poverty.
- $500 pays writers for columns that equip leaders to preach, teach and serve
Support the Outlook’s ministry with your donation on Giving Tuesday! We are grateful to you for being a part of the Presbyterian Outlook community and thank you for whatever gift you are able to give in support of our work.
Grace and peace,
editor, Presbyterian Outlook