Presbyterian Outlook bicentennial celebration forum and lunch
Saturday, October 5, 2019
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
on the Richmond campus of Union Presbyterian Seminary in Virginia
Event details and registration below.
Please join us for a celebration of The Presbyterian Outlook’s first 200 years — as we celebrate our past and envision our future. Brian Blount and Ted Wardlaw will speak on the past, present and future role of the magazine in church and culture. Editor Jill Duffield will offer a reflection and moderate a time of questions and answers. And, you’ll enjoy lunch and fellowship with other Outlook readers. Thank you for your continued support of The Presbyterian Outlook’s mission and ministry.
Click on ticket price to purchase
- $50: 1 ticket – Forum and celebration lunch
- $200: 1 ticket – Forum, celebration lunch, inclusion on 200th Anniversary Honor Roll to be published in last issue of 2019
- $500: 2 tickets – Forum, celebration lunch, inclusion on 200th Anniversary Honor Roll, and ¼ page ad in the last issue of 2019 with birthday wishes for the Outlook
- $1000: 4 tickets – Forum, celebration lunch, inclusion on 200th Anniversary Honor Roll, and ½ page ad in the last issue of 2019 with birthday wishes for the Outlook
- $2000: 8 tickets – Forum, celebration lunch, inclusion on 200th Anniversary Honor Roll, and full-page ad in the last issue of 2019 with birthday wishes for the Outlook
- I am unable to attend but would like to donate.
If you would prefer to pay by check, please contact George Whipple by email or call 800-446-6008; ext. 756.
To share the names of your guests on multiple ticket orders, please contact Jana Blazek by email.
Keynote address: “Navigating between ‘amen’ and ‘no’: The dilemma and promise of The Presbyterian Outlook” by Ted Wardlaw, president of Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary
A time of remembrance
Keynote address: “Flesh in the Word: A Presbyterian outlook for our time” by Brian K. Blount, president, of Union Presbyterian Seminary
Lunch, fellowship and remembrance
Response and Q-and- A with our speakers moderated by Outlook editor Jill Duffield
Springhill Suites, 9701 Brook Road, Glen Allen, VA 23059
$96 (plus tax) per night, complimentary breakfast included, 804-266-9403
Linden Row, 100 E. Franklin Street, Richmond, VA 23219
$99/119 (plus tax) per night, Valet parking for $18,
Reservations at www.reservations.lindenrowinn.com (Code: PO1019) – Or use this direct link.
You can also call their front desk at 804-783-7000 and ask for the Presbyterian Outlook magazine bicentennial group block to receive your group discount.
The Delta Hotel, 555 Canal Street, Richmond, VA 23219
$147 (plus tax) per night, free parking, 804-344-2973
President, Austin Theological Seminary
Brian K. Blount
President, Union Presbyterian Seminary