Ever since the founding of #GivingTuesday in 2012, nonprofits, small businesses, schools and faith-based organizations all over the world have mobilized to celebrate this global day of giving held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
Tuesday, December 1, is Giving Tuesday this year. We know that giving is down nationwide because of the pandemic, but the needs are even greater. So we ask you, our readers and supporters, to prayerfully consider a gift to the Presbyterian Outlook on Giving Tuesday. We are the only independent Presbyterian news organization in the country. We offer a unique perspective on what is going on the Presbyterian Church and a number of practical resources such as lectionary essays, weekly worship liturgies and many online materials that can be used in your ministry setting. This pandemic year, these offerings are offered free for congregational use. Please consider a gift to the Outlook so that we can continue to support you in ministry.
During this rich season we would like to ask you to consider making a financial gift to the Presbyterian Outlook. Our hope is that what we do helps your ministry and, in turn, strengthens the church and our witness in the world.
Here are a few ways your donation supports our work:
- $10 goes toward creating a new hymn.
- $20 provides a weekly worship liturgy.
- $30 helps us keep the weekly “Looking into the lectionary” e-newsletter coming to you for free.
- $40 offsets the cost of creating our webinars so that we can offer them at an affordable price.
- $50 goes toward the creation of faith formation resources — Sunday school at home, family-based activities and curricula.
- $100 helps us pay for journalism that matters, including access to Religion News Service and coverage of the church in a pandemic.
- $150 enables us to offer reduced subscription rates to groups like sessions and GA commissioners.
- $200 allows us to make our content available on the web and through social media.
- $300 contributes to the design and layout of the magazine.
- $400 makes it possible for us to report on issues like immigration, gun violence prevention and poverty.
- $500 pays writers for columns that equip leaders to preach, teach and serve.
We are grateful to you for being a part of the Presbyterian Outlook community and thank you for whatever gift you are able to give in support of our work.
Grace and peace,
Interim editor, Presbyterian Outlook